CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Doctor is... MIA

What on earth did I sign myself up for!??! I never realized that being a therapist meant that you would need to know about REAL disorders. And not only mental health related disorders, but I need to know if a symptom is related to a mental health disorder or a physical disorder or just a side effect from a medication. And its not like there are only 2 options...there is a HUGE book explaining it all. And that doesn't even cover everything. On the positive side, I'm just going to be a therapist, not a psychiatrist. So I guess that means I really don't need to know everything. I just need to know when to refer :) And basically that can be whenever I don't know! ha ha But either way.... I think I'm going to have to resort to Lucy's method...charging only 5 cents...and putting my sign to "out" when I don't know! ha ha Actually, its probably called "volunteer experience" which I will be doing this summer and a year long unpaid internship. Hopefully after all of that I will be able to charge more than 5 cents a session so I can pay back my loans :)



I guess if all else fails, maybe I can just get a dog :)



Well. I guess its back to reading my DSM-IV and assigning a diagnosis for my case study assignment! In all reality, though, I do kind of enjoy it! It's interesting :) Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment