CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2013

27 Week Bumpdate!

27 Weeks, 3 Days 


As you have probably seen if you have read any of my previous bumpdate posts, I do have bump stickers. However, I only have them for once a month. Even though my belly doesn't exactly change much from week to week, I still like taking weekly pictures and doing a weekly blog. I recently found a free app that works on both iPhone and iPad called Pictures with Words. So this week I added my own "bump sticker" of sorts and will easily be able to remember that this picture was taken at 27 weeks. 

Size of Baby::: About 14.5 inches long (.5 inches growth since last week) and 2 pounds! (.25 pounds bigger than last week). He is approximately the size of a cauliflower now. 


Symptoms::: Morning sickness may be starting to return... :( All week I have started feeling nauseous again in the afternoon into the evening. Not nearly as bad as before and no vomiting yet...Let's hope it stays that way! Could even go back to feeling normal :) No more hip pain, though! 

Cravings::: While I haven't had cravings like most pregnant women do, I have found myself wanting cake a lot. If I'm having a craving I usually dream about it! And last night I was dreaming about cake! ha ha In these dreams I very slowly eat the food and enjoy and savor every bite! Haven't had cake since well before Valentine's Day, though. Hence my cravings have not been normal because I can usually resist them. 

Something I Miss::: I just miss feeling normal. Not hormonal, emotional and cranky. Looking forward to feeling like myself again. 

Something I am GOING to Miss::: Feeling Christian move!!! I love that part of pregnancy! So neat and special. That is probably the only thing that I will miss ha ha 

Milestones:::
  • 2nd Trimester is coming to an end...bring on the 3rd and final!! 
  • Baby has a better chance of survival now if born today
  • Eyelashes are forming and baby may begin to open his eyes now from time to time
  • Baby is likely sleeping and waking at regular intervals (check out this video of baby sleep cycles weeks 26-30)
  • Baby may be able to distinguish between mom and dad's voice
  • Baby may be starting to get the hiccups (I think I may have felt this last night! Weirdest tickling sensation that was very rhythmic)
Looking Forward To:::
  • My baby shower and getting everything finalized and ready for baby...I like to be prepared because obviously, we still have plenty of time! 
  • Starting baby classes! We have our first class next Saturday, March 2nd from 8:30-12:30 at Amma Parenting Center and will be doing the Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Class. Starting March 5th we will be doing the Preparing for Childbirth Class for 3 weeks. Check back later to find out what we learn! 
2 months and 29 days...
OR
88 days...
OR 
13 weeks
TO GO!! 

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment