CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Madness


It's Monday!!! Again. But this Monday is a little different. It's President's Day. This means hubby is working from home. So technically its not FULLY a work day, right? :) 

{The Weather} Its looking pretty dreary this morning, but not super chilly. Currently 30 degrees but feels like only 25 degrees with a high of 31 degrees. It is looking like the rest of the week might be a bit chilly with highs in the single digits tomorrow and snow on its way... But NEXT week might bring some heat! Highs of 35 degrees by the end of next week! Fingers crossed it comes true! 

{Weekend Recap} Where did the weekend go?? What did we do?? Friday night we hung out with some friends from church and played games. Saturday I met up with a friend from high school. Well, I might as well say a friend from Preschool because I have known her that long! Such a joy to catch up and pick up right where we left off. Time with her is always filled with laughter! Then came home to relax a bit until Saturday night church with some more friends and dinner after church at "The Chart House"....can I say YUM! First time there but it was really good! AND I got a free super gorgeous rose that was leftover from Valentine's Day. AWESOME. 



{Sad News} On Friday we got the news that my Great Aunt Donna had passed away that morning after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. She put up a good fight. We will be heading to be with family for her memorial service in Illinois next Sunday. 

{Weekly Menu} So I'm not really sure what we ate last week, I know I cooked and we had a few days of eating leftovers, but many of the things on our menu this week haven't changed from last week: 
  • Broccoli Soup
  • Stir Fry 
  • Fajitas
  • Ravioli and cooked carrots
  • Turkey Burgers and sweet potatoes
  • Vegetable Soup

{My To-Do List} Looking over my list from last week, I got everything done except for working on our 'Before You Were Here' Book for Baby Christian. However, the pictures I ordered for the book have not gotten here yet, so that project has been delayed. 

Here is my list for this week: 
  1. Copy my stack of recipes onto recipe cards to file away 
  2. Start working on a photo book of our honeymoon
  3. Research how to patch slight holes in your wall so I can start working on getting some painting done
  4. Hopefully finish up my photo organizing once the remaining pictures get here
Plus my regular weekly duties: 
  • Cleaning
  • Laundry
  • Couponing 
  • Grocery Shopping

{Weekly Words of Wisdom}
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly." ~Colossians 3:16 
Our church just started a new series for Lent called "40 Days in the Word" and our small group will be starting the accompanying study and devotional on Thursday this week! Looking forward to it. Check out sermons here

Have a great week! 

1 comments:

Somethinglikeafairytale.com

Great blog you're very organized! Thanks for the twitter follow, I just started on it yesterday too - not as intimidating as I thought it would be! Congrats on the new baby too <3 we are due with our second this July! The most wonderful adventure in life - becoming a momma. Feel free to check out our blog www.somethinglikeafairytale.com enjoy your day!

Post a Comment