CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2013

Waddle, Waddle...

"Quack, Quack!" 

Source: Google 

As I was out for a walk with Baxter the other day, I came to the realization that I have begun to "waddle." Not all of the time, but sometimes. Particularly when my hip and back begin to hurt. This is when I begin to take on a sort of limp/waddle. 

Over the past 2 weeks or so, I have been getting a sharp pain in my right side lower back that spreads into my hip and slightly down my thigh. Last week, at my 24 week OB appointment, I had gotten a shot of rhogam in my right butt cheek and thought maybe this is the reason for all of the pain, so I messaged my doctor. 

Doctor's Orders: 
  • Heat
  • Massage
  • Stretching 
He didn't seem the least bit concerned and implied that its a normal ache and pain of pregnancy. My interpretation: "It is only going to get worse because you aren't even that big yet." 

Suggestions I have gotten from others: 
  • Maybe baby is positioned on the right side. 
    • He definitely feels like he is more towards the right! So maybe he is putting more pressure over there. There could even be a pinched nerve, but because the pain isn't constant and my doctor wasn't concerned, I doubt it is that. 
  • Make your husband give you a massage. 
    • Done! He did and it hurt so bad I wanted to cry! But it also felt really good at the same time and I slept better that night that I had in a long time. 
  • Rest.
    • Yes, resting helps, but after awhile it starts to hurt from sitting too much. You need to find a balance between movement and resting and to what level and intensity you can move. 
  • Warm baths. 
    • Probably my favorite idea! After all, it was mine :) Definitely soothes the muscles and relaxes the whole body. I love baths! 
So, all in all, follow the doctor's orders and make tweeks to them to find what works best for you! I am feeling much better already. I haven't quite figured out how to do the "stretching" of my hips/back but maybe I should try yoga! Goal for the upcoming week: Prenatal Yoga! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment