CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Belated Monday Madness

{Weekend Recap}::: This post is belated because of my weekend. I'm still trying to catch up. The weekend started bright and early Saturday morning. My mom and grandma got to our house around 9am at which time we started prepping food for our baby shower that was going to be later that day! We prepped food for about 2 hours and then headed to The Heritage Center in Lakeville, MN and started setting up and decorating for the shower. The shower went great and we had a lot of fun and Baby Christian was spoiled already! We feel so blessed to have been able to share the day with all of our family and friends. Then after the shower it was home to put everything away and clean up. Then Sunday was off to church and a class at church afterwards. I of course couldn't wait to finish up our baby shopping so Monday I met hubby and one of his co-workers and his family for lunch and picked up the last of the needed/wanted things from our baby registries. Everything is now washed and put away and we are ready for baby! Post to come later this week with more baby shower details :) But, needless to say, my preoccupation with everything baby has delayed my blogging this week.

{The Weather}::: Although spring officially arrived LAST week, the more spring like weather held off until this week. Snow is finally starting to melt and we are reaching 40 degrees more consistently! or at least the high 30s...However, apparently this is warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt and no shoes! Just as the pre-teen down the street who was out for a bike ride this afternoon sporting her summer clothes! ha ha

{The Menu}::: Lately, a menu has not been followed at our house. It's more like a 'What is there to cook' list and then I cook what I feel up to. So far this week our menu has been like this:

  • Baby Shower Leftovers
  • Grilled Chicken Salads
  • Pigs in a Blanket
and we will probably have the following later this week: 
  • Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
  • Steaks and Sweet Potatoes 
  • More Left Overs
Someday I will make meal plans again and actually stick to them...Someday. 


{My To-Do List}::: So far this week I have already accomplished this:

  • Washing and putting away and organizing all of Baby Christian's stuff
  • Finish shopping for Baby Christian...and trying not to go overboard...
  • Organize Baby Shower Pictures
  • Scheduled a much over due dentist appointment
Still to come: 
  1. Baby Shower Thank You Cards 
  2. Continue working on/Finish "Before You Were Here" book for Baby Christian - I kept a journal to hubby before we were married and last year for Christmas he got me a homemade binder designed with pictures of us called "Before You Were Here"...a scrapbook of sorts to put pictures and letters to baby Christian in of all the things that were his mommy and daddy's life before he came into the world. Hoping to finish this before baby actually arrives! 
I think those are the 2 main things I hope to accomplish...then on to more things next week! Also working to pack to go to my hometown Cornell, WI for Easter with my family! Road trip! 


{Weekly Goals}::: Since the weather is FINALLY warming up, I am confident that I will be able to reach my goal this week:

  1. Walk 3-4 days this week...So far I have already walked 2 days! :) Halfway there! 

{Words of Wisdom}:::
"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." ~Matthew 6:33

post signature post signature
Please click below to vote for me as a 'Top Mommy Blog' 
if you are loving Mommy in the Making! 
  Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Poular Mom Blogs

2 comments:

Becca at One Girl

I think baby Christian is definately spoiled but only in a good way :) Glad you were able to finish up all of your shopping! He can definately come (well beginning at 38 wks)!

Unknown

I think 37 weeks is considered full term...so I'm good with any time after that :) But preferably before 41 weeks :) ha ha Thanks for spoiling him too, Becca!

Post a Comment