CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DIY - Nursery Art

Making a baby room has been tons of fun! Especially as it all comes together and we start to add some personal touches! With both my family and Jim's family being out of state, we wanted to include something in Christian's room to tie him to his extended family in New York and Wisconsin. 

I found this cute idea on pinterest pinned from another blog


So I decided to make my own and put my own little spin on it. I decided not to use actual 'reference maps' but instead just state shapes. 

Here is my finished product:


Sorry its not the best picture. The picture I took won't upload on here without being upside down for some reason.. 

My hubby has already pointed out that I did not make it geographically accurate... But we live in Minnesota so I wanted to be in the middle. Oh well. 

It's probably pretty self explanatory as to how I made this, but I'll still explain. 

Gather supplies - a frame, colored paper cut to size to match/fit your frame plus extra in a contrasting color for the state shapes, sharpies, and glue.



Find your maps - I googled under images "Wisconsin Map", "Minnesota Map" and "New York Map". You can do the same for the states that you are using. 

Copy and paste the images into Word and size them to how big you want them. Print.



I then traced the images with black sharpie so that the borders were dark. Then I placed the colored paper over the images and held it to a window and again traced. Looking back I am thinking I should have just cut my paper to fit in the printer and printed directly on to it. You may want to do this instead :) 



Cut the images out. 

Mark with a heart the locations of family and position and glue the states on the solid sheet of paper. 



Add a quote if you like and trace to connect the hearts. "No matter how far apart we may be, you are always close to my heart." 

Hang in your baby's room :) 


I also painted a canvas blue and wrote "3 months, 6 months, and 12 months". Once baby Christian is here and is 3 months old, we will add his first set of foot prints! 

Now...for Baby Christian to get here and complete his room :) 

post signature post signature
Please vote for me daily by clicking below 
and showing some love! 
Just one click each day is all it takes :)

  Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Poular Mom Blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment