CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 18, 2013

Low Lying Placent Update

Today was the day that I was re-checked to see if my low lying placenta had moved up. At my 20 week ultrasound, I was told that I had a low lying placenta and shared this in my 20 Week Bumpdate post. My doctor had originally wanted to check this again before my 28 week appointment but then decided to do it before my 32 week appointment. So today I went! At 30 weeks, 6 days.

My doctor will go over the results with me at my appointment next week, but I asked the tech how it looked. She said that it had moved a very little, but not much. She said she she wasn't familiar with my doctor, so she couldn't say if it would be enough for his liking or not. So we will see.

Jim is hoping that it isn't enough so we can schedule a c-section for May 19th instead of hoping baby boy comes on his own on that day...Hubby's Birthday :) Part of me hopes we get a c-section but part of me still wants the natural birth experience too. I guess I get no real say in this...so only time will tell!

We also found out a few other things at the ultrasound...

  • Baby boy is breech...at our 3D/4D ultrasound in Chicago he was head down and ready to go. He makes some pretty crazy moves, but I didn't realize he was somersaulting...silly boy! He does have time to flip again, though. 
  • He is measuring ahead! I'm 30 weeks + 6 days today and he is measuring 31 weeks + 3 days. So only about a half of a week ahead
  • And a whole pound bigger!! He is 3 pounds 16 ounces...so basically 4 pounds! At 31 weeks he should be about 3.3 pounds. I think we are going to have a big boy on our hands... Hopefully he can wear all the 0-3 month clothes we bought for at least a little while! 
Here our cute boy is! He definitely looks bigger than he did at our 19 week ultrasound and must be more squished because even his profile is harder to make out now. 




post signature post signature
If you are liking Mommy In The Making, 
don't forget to vote for me daily! Just click below. 
One click is all it takes. 
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Poular Mom Blogs

1 comments:

Becca at One Girl

That would be exciting for Christian & Jim to share the same birthday date. A few more weeks and you'll meet him! But first your baby shower so you're already for his arrival!

Post a Comment