CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Doctor Update

Ever since I first got pregnant and it hit me that what was easily made inside of me, may not come out so easily. It was then that I decided that natural birth, medicated birth, or c-section...I was open to whatever was needed to get my baby boy out healthy. 

Since finding out at our 20 week ultrasound that I had a low lying placenta, I started to prepare for the fact that I may need to have a c-section. However, at our follow up ultrasound, it was noted that my placenta had moved up enough and a c-section would not be necessary. This was confirmed by our doctor at our 32 week appointment yesterday. I will be delivering naturally...with an epidural that is! 

However, our 32 week ultrasound also showed that there was some fluid on one of baby Christian's kidneys. This can sometimes be a sign of down syndrome, but baby Christian does not have any other physical abnormalities. It also is something that is quite common in boys and often resolves itself. Just the same, our doctor recommended we go for a level 2 ultrasound (which is in 3D) and have this checked into more closely. He doesn't seem concerned at all and said he has seen this a lot. We are not going to worry yet. But please keep baby Christian in your prayers. Our ultrasound is scheduled for next Friday, April 5th at 2:15pm. 

So today I am thankful for maternal medicine, technology, and doctors. Doctors that know enough about the human body, both young and old, that they can care for me and my growing boy and the technology that helps them to do it all to the best ability. I am trusting in their wisdom and the Lord's provision in caring for our baby that we have been blessed with. 

post signature post signature
Click below to vote for Mommy in the Making as a "Top Mommy Blog".
Just one click is all it takes. 
Please remember to vote daily!
  Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Poular Mom Blogs

2 comments:

Shasta

I will be praying that baby Christian doesn't have anything serious going on with him and that everything looks perfect. Also, what a relief for you to know you don't need a c-section! I looked at the whole pregnancy/birth thing the same way you did. I didn't care what needed to happen to get Rylie out, I just wanted her out safely.

Unknown

Thanks for the prayers, Shasta! Getting them out safely and having a healthy baby really is the real goal isn't it! :) It is a relief to know I won't need a c-section, but part of me really liked the idea that I would know EXACTLY when he would come :) Now it's a waiting and guessing game ha ha

Post a Comment