CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 3, 2013

DIY: Door Wreath

As I was wedding planning last spring, I came across this fun, cheap wreath at a Bridal Consignment Shop...


I thought it was cute and had some character and real potential for a door decoration. I had a vision of adding flowers and maybe a letter "F" for our last name "Foote" but that didn't go over with my husband...so I settled for just flowers. 

I also thought I could make a wreath for much cheaper than one I bought pre-made. In the end, it probably was a wash, but my wreath is exactly what I was looking for and wanting and not just one I settled for. 

I picked these out at Target. About $5 each. 


Using a wire cutter or tree trimmer, cut the stem off close to the bloom. 


I then trimmed off the leaves from the stem and positioned and glued them into the wreath using a hot glue gun. Of course, I first set everything on the wreath as I wanted it to look finished and then removed it before starting to glue. 


I then positioned the two flowers over the greenery and glued them on as well. 


After that, all that was left was to add a ribbon to hang the wreath. I found some thick green ribbon at Michael's for $3.99. 


And TA DA! A total of about $20 later including the wreath from a consignment shop and I have a perfect wreath for my door!
LOVE IT! 
Only took about 10-15 minutes to make and gives the entry to our home a new springy/summery feel. 

Now...for spring to fully arrive in Minnesota! 

post signature post signature
Please vote daily and show me some love! 
  Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Poular Mom Blogs

1 comments:

Shasta

Oh how simple and pretty that is!!!! I really like it!

Post a Comment